A CROSS-DISCIPLINARY CREATIVE-PROCESS!
Welcome to the first shared KP design thinking framework. It incorporates years of wise practice and 3 years of testing within all types of design and innovation processes from product creation to cross-disciplinary social problem solving with 100s of students.
There is a 50% discount for schools and universities on request, contact email@example.com for further info.
Dimensions of poster: 100cm x 250 cm
* All third party tools are referenced and credited.
** Read more about the standard Double diamond process at the end of this text
It's a step by step facilitators/teachers/ project leaders guide to the very visual and practical approach of divergent & convergent thinking called the double diamond. This framework and all the 30+ sub-tools that accompany the design phases have been chosen by staff and students over many years at the KP as the best and most effective methods and exercises to create strong teams which in tern create extraordinary results. Each tool is individually explained through the why, what, how, where and when and even tips to the facilitators, the pros & cons and the materials required are listed.
It simply frames a design thinking process from pre-jecting to ejecting and all the loops, prototypes, failures and successes that come as part of the process of creativity, innovation and problem solving. It can be applied to any type of challenge, problem, product or service development and can run for as long as you wish where by you can just continue to add more diamonds, but not forever!
So, whether you are a student, teacher, lecturer, practitioner or just a group of people with a great idea please share, experiment, learn and enjoy our humble attempt at capturing cross-disciplinary innovation and facilitation.
The process is self evident and as a framework it can be adapted in many ways. There is no additional materials to support the process, but links are provided for deeper research and study. The best way if this is all new to you is to practice and learn the process and the tools with a group or team and get using those post-its!
- There are 30+ methods about 5 to 7 in each of the design phases, listed below.
- Each phase is introduced and supported with links for further research and a little advice for facilitators and participants
- It helps that you have some experience of facilitation to run the process with a your team…but its very self evident!
- You use small post-its as a way to record all ideas and points on the top half of the poster
- You can fold it up into a) a book format b) in half so they the tools are not seen or c) keep it as a role.
Some of the tools are:
1. Clarification of Expectations & Needs
2. Drawing ExercisE _ ICE BREAKER
3. Preject (PRE-PROJECT)
5. Competency Mapping
6. Yes-and ‘what I love about that is’...
7. NEGATIVE Brainstorming
9. Appreciative Inquiry AI (& the 5D model) (as seen on webshop)
12. The 6 thinking hats, dice
13. Photo Safari
14. SAFARI Cards (aka Cross Industry Scan)
15. Left brain versus right brain
16. The golden circle
17. Whats UP? (underlying principles)
18. (siLent) clustering
19. 5c : cull, cluster, Combine, clarify & choose
21. Shifting perspective
22. Appreciative feedback
24. XD 360
25. Empathy map
27. 4 player model - - Evaluation
28. Innovation quadrants
30. The golden road – Evaluation
31. FOR & AGAINST – Evaluation
**If you would like to read more about the basic Double Diamond process check this out: (you will need to copy and paste these links)
https://innovationenglish.blogs.ku.dk/model/double-diamond-2 (also in Danish)
& see the original source for this website here: http://www.designcouncil.org.uk/sites/default/files/asset/document/ElevenLessons_Design_Council%20(2).pdf What the KP framework offers in addition to this are all the tools and the how, why and when to use them.